While I was writing the article on “30 Things To Remove In Your Home Sparing No Mercy” I found some cool things people have done to re-purpose old stuff (aka junk ), of which I had recommended tossing.
Although I still hold to my advice to toss old stuff, I felt obligated to also show you some of the clever and creative things people have done with old stuff instead.
And in the spirit of being creative, I named these re-purposed marvels. So here are some …
Creative Ideas for Old Junk
1. Turn old shoes into a SuccuShoe Planter
2. Repurpose an old Mac computer into a MacCat Bed
3. Display an old Mac computer as a MacMail box
4. Make an old dresser an Island o’Dresser
5. Use an old clamp as a BookClamp
6. File a drawer from an old file cabinet as a Bookshelf File Table
7. Transform old luggage into a Traveler Table
8. Transform old luggage into a Cat Traveler Bed
9. Turn mis-matched plates into a No-Match Desert Server
10. Serve up old record LPs as a Rock-tiered Desert Server
11. Turn an old tea cup into a Teatime Bird Feeder
12. Use old doors as a SpaceDoor Paneled Partition
13. Turn an old barstool upside down into a Giftwrap Stool
14. Put old chairs in place as Dog Chair Servers
15. Spin a bike tire into a Photo Bike Wheel
16. Spin a globe into a Photo Globe Trotter
17. Implant your headboard in your plant bed as a Headboard Trellis
18. Hang old bottle caps as BottleCap Charmer Chimes
19. Utilize old cookie cans as a Desktop CookieCaddy
20. Step up old stairs into a StairWay Wall Decor
21. Turn an old serving bowl into a tabletop Serenity WaterBowl Fountain
22. Toot your old trumpet as a Trumped Up Bird Bath
23. Sit on your stack of old magazines as a MagChair
24. Sweep that old broom into a Paint BroomBrush Holder
25. Use an old toolbox for a Tooltime Planter
If you have old barrels lying around and you happen to be a drummer, there’s always this Barrel Drum:
The junk creations I found were endless. I hope you’ll comment on anything to add to these ideas!
[Source: Above ideas from Pinterest]
Incredibly great, seemingly doable projects..
Re: file drawer bookcase
It would be easier to get books out if it were laid on it’s side; also could stack drawers on top of each other.
What did you use to hang the clamp on the wall? So cute. I have several of these.
That’s a tube